Neck Pain Treatment with our Chiropractor in St. Petersburg
The St. Petersburg Chiropractic & Injury center strives to educate the public on various health problems, including neck pain. At any given time, about 13% of Americans are experiencing neck pain. Someone with neck pain might also feel related symptoms such as strain, numbness, tingling, muscle spasms, stiffness, soreness, weakness, tenderness, and headaches.
Types of Neck Pain
This form of pain can be classified as either acute or chronic. Acute pain lasts less than three months, while chronic pain lasts for longer than that. Nonspecific neck pain is a common type, and it describes a case where the exact cause is unknown. Nonspecific pain usually isn't serious and may be due to poor posture or muscle strains. Neck pain is also categorized in these three general groups:
- Axial pain, affecting the musculoskeletal system, whiplash and muscle strain are common cases of axial pain
- Radiculopathy, or the compression of spinal nerve roots
- Myelopathy, a pressure placed on the spinal cord itself
Causes of Neck Pain
There are various causes of neck pain, most notably:
- Injuries such as whiplash
- Degeneration, also known as wear and tear, this is especially prevalent among aging people
- Poor posture
- Muscle sprains and strains
Treatment for Neck Pain From Our St. Petersburg Chiropractor
While neck pain is less common than lower back pain, both conditions should be treated with medical care in order to avoid further problems down the road. Without proper chiropractic care, your neck pain may gradually worsen over time. Our chiropractic clinic specializes in neck pain and lower back pain relief, among other ailments. We can test for, diagnose and treat any health condition that impacts the spine. Additionally, we may recommend lifestyle changes or complementary treatment, such as massage therapy.
Neck Pain Prevention
Patients can take preventive measures in between chiropractic visits in order to avoid or mitigate neck pain. Those preventive measures include:
- Neck stretches recommended by our chiropractor. Consistently exercising your neck muscles, bones, and ligaments will help build strength and stability.
- Sleeping on your back
- Practicing good posture throughout the day
- Staying hydrated. A sufficient amount of water will hydrate the discs of the spine's vertebrae, keeping the discs healthy.
- Avoiding Text Neck by spending less time staring down at a mobile device
- Adjusting your computer screen so that it is at eye level
Contact St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab for Neck Pain Relief
To learn more about neck pain treatment from our chiropractor in St. Petersburg, feel free to contact St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab at 727-519-3757. Our healthcare staff would be glad to answer any questions or concerns about the center's services.